Queensland to Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
January 25th 2007
Published: February 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Serento - nr MelbourneSerento - nr MelbourneSerento - nr Melbourne

James and Karen, Carly and James having a fun day out!
SO, after a sandy few days on Fraser Island, it was nice for a change of scenery and pace. We spent a couple of days with our friends Mark and Cheryl, whom we met when doing the Inca trail in Peru.

Was really great living for a couple of days in a typical Aussie "Queenslander" style house that was gorgeous. Wooden framed, airy spacious rooms, great back deck and garden. Really comfy. Many thanks Mark and Cheryl for a lovely couple of days, and your hospitality!!! We really appreciate it! We even managed to get our washing done!!!

Spent on of our days at the Wet and Wild water park on the Gold Coast, which was fun if not a little busy. Kids school holidays ensured we had a 30-40 minute wait for every ride we went on. Still good though. Particularly enjoyed the 'Black Hole' ride. Think I laughed like a loon going down...

Karen cooked a thank you roast, oh how we have missed a good old English roast!!! Its the simple things!!

So, after saying goodbye to Mark and Cheryl, we had a flight down to Melbourne where we booked ourselves into a backpaker place above a pub... great! Nice place called the Exford Hotel, with a comedy bed which karen had to sleep in. Looked like a giant cot. Very apt!

We love Melbourne. They call it Australia's most livable city and you can see why! Nice mixture of older architecture and giant glitzy lit buildings. Lovely river with great bars and eateries. Also had a lovely chilled atmosphere. St Kilda where we spent a day is the nearest beachside area, and was also very cool.

Once more, we were greatful of the hospitality of friends. Carly and James, Karens friend from Uni in Sheff were gracious enough to act as our tour guides, taking us on a lovely day out to Sarento, around the bay from Melbourne. 4 peoples a tight squeeze in a Mazda RX-8, especially with 2 people 6'4"+ but we managed it! Also enjoyed some nice food in Parahan... once again, thanks for your generosity guys!! And the lift to the airport was a great help... which takes us to our last continent of the trip (sob sob) SE Asia... see you there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS> Once again, our photos are limited as our look with camera's has not improved. Might have to buy camera #2 of the trip in Singapore where it will be cheaper...



Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0627s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb