Sarina


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
August 12th 2021
Published: August 13th 2021
Edit Blog Post

The drive from Glen Erin (Bowen) to Sarina was a tad over 200km and a good bit of it was through sections of roadwork – up and down the coast there is a lot of work being done to duplicate the Bruce Highway, which is well needed as it carries a lot of heavy traffic including some rather large trucks. Despite sections of stop/start traffic it was a pretty drive; lots of mountains, lots of sugar cane fields. As in previous days the temperature was a comfortable 27o.



We skirted Mackay via the very new ring road, stopping only for a quick bite of lunch in a rest area before travelling the last 40km or so down to Sarina where we had booked into the SarinaPalmsCaravanPark.



It is only a small park and there appear to be a few permanents, but they too are quick to join in some banter. “Quirky” is the best word to describe the park - we could be forgiven for thinking we had taken a wrong turn to end up in Africa or a jungle somewhere as our van was parked in between a mother and baby rhinoceros. A walk around the park and we discovered other “animals” in amongst the lovely garden beds.



This will likely be our last caravan park for a while – read: access to power and water – so the plan is to catch up with our washing and blog entries before we start the journey homeward. We do have two more stops booked on the east coast but they are free/freedom camps in Rockhampton and Bundaberg.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb