Weipa - Tribute to Oscar


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Weipa
July 15th 2009
Published: July 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

OscarOscarOscar

Isn't he beautiful. (No photo of Rex on this computer)
Well with no contact available except with the internet, we decided to buy a prepaid phone at Betta Electrical (It is Next G, with had 3G which is no good). Yes, they have one here, off the back of the newsagent. They also sell furniture there. Got it all set up and magic we were in contact with the world again.

Well I’m going to dedicate this travelblog to my lost buddy, Oscar. Annette and Mum took him to the vet for me on Saturday and the vet confirmed it was cancer, just didn’t know what type or how far it had spread. They booked him in for surgery on Monday. Annette had offered to mind him until he was better.

Monday morning came and David drove down to Hastings to pick up Oscar and drop him into the vet. A short while later the vet rang with the terrible news. The cancer had spread through the lymph gland, into the groin area and internally, but how far he didn’t know. It would be a matter of days or weeks, but not really months. He would be suffering by then. We had to make the brave decision to put him to sleep while he was still ok. There were tears from everyone. The kids were pretty upset, but got distracted easily by going in the pool.

We have had Oscar since Kate was 18months old. When we picked him up from the pet shop he was all fuzzy, like a bear. That’s what they had nicknamed him. He used to climb up into the kiddy chair and look in the window at us. That was until he got too big for it. He used to lay down and allow Kate to sit and sometimes stand on him - until Kate got too big. He loved his food like all Labradors, but every so often we had to cut down his food to keep his weight down to help with his arthritis. He loved his pats, and brushing, any attention except for bathtime. He was not really fond of a bath. Anyway, he was a good dog and was part of our family. He will be in our hearts forever. We love you Oscar.





Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb