Surfers Paradise, here we come!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Surfers Paradise
October 18th 2007
Published: October 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Taken from Danger PointTaken from Danger PointTaken from Danger Point

View of Surfers Paradise
Fri 12th Oct:
We stopped at Danger Point on the way to Surfers Paradise, catching some amazing views across the bay to the concrete city itself. Surfers was only about an hours drive, which was nice after the longer drives we'd been doing. Weather back on track, we strolled around the town, topping up on milkshake. We decided this would be a good place to have a night out so stopped at an internet cafe to find some accomodation. We almost got stuck in another freak downpour but fortunately got inside just in time.
Turned up to Cheers hostel, checked in then took them up on their bbq and night out to the Bedroom Nightclub. The hostel also had a bar so it was again time to sample the vodka (not bad as it happened!) Headed out about 1030 with some other guys and at some point headed home. Unfortunately our compasses were slightly off so I ended up having to ask for directions, randomly remembering the road name.

Sat 13th Oct:
With the heavy pace getting to Laz, I headed down to the beach alone. Fab weather and great beach, spent the day there topping up my tan. We
The Pearly GatesThe Pearly GatesThe Pearly Gates

Guess where?!
had plans to go out again but age was obviously not on our side. Went for chilled evening and thought probably sensible as driving again tomorrow. Oh how we wished we'd gone out. 2 girls checked in at 1030pm and spent the next few hours crashing in and out of the room. By the time they'd left us alone there was just constant partying going on outside until 530am, hence only getting about 2hrs sleep.

Sun 14th Oct:
On top of all that, I'd missed the rugby, but forever reliable parents, rang my Mum for the awesome news, bring it on Springbok!!! Off up the coast again, heading for the city, Brisbane. Booked into Tin Billy's, a highly recommended hostel and collapsed on our beds. Last night was such a killer, 1 night in Surfers would have been just fine!! Early night for me.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

The Concrete CityThe Concrete City
The Concrete City

Taken from the beach
Just like Baywatch!Just like Baywatch!
Just like Baywatch!

Still on Surfers Paradise


Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 64; dbt: 0.1132s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb