Sunshine Coast to Gold Coast...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Surfers Paradise
September 4th 2019
Published: October 6th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Here we are, our last little blog of a six weeks on the road! No...we are not done with planes, just slightly different for the coming few weeks.



That was a trip! This entry start in the Sunshine Coast. We are staying for 2 nights at the Novotel Twin Waters. It's a pretty old property, but the frequent guest benefits are pretty awesome. We love balcony with views, big baths, mini kitchenettes, suites in general...even more when they come with a complimentary bottle of wine! This is my first venture in this part north of Brisbane. It's way greener and peaceful than the Gold Coast.

We spent some time having more great food and some superb wine. Weather is also still on our side, so the little walk to Noosa Heads National Park is just amazing. Spent a full morning there. Gorgeous beaches and tracks for an easy walk! Sadly, no spotting of koalas neither whales that morning...but we had the kangaroos by our balcony...and look at the little one eating the grass from Mum pocket...pretty special!



Next, it's back to Surfers Paradise to visit a good friend of Tanya. I know, lately it seems we know people a little over everywhere. This time we are staying at the Marriott Surfers Paradise...those views are pretty special....the Jacuzzi at sunset on the 24th floor with those views and few bubbles...there is no need for extra comments. We meet twice Tanya's friend who works in a hotel I stay some 14 years ago...small world. We spent some solid time doing shopping here...first serious shopping stop in the last 6 weeks...left with 60kgs, came back with av total of over 85kgs! And if you had the list, some of those items would make you smile....but this is Australia...and they don't specially eat the same as in Africa...even South Africa!



Beside the shopping and stocking on food, I don't actually believe that Surfers Paradise does bring much to any trip. But as Tanya would confirm, at least the hairdressers know what they are doing here. I have to admit, living in a small village as some advantages...but it's nice to have some regular stops in the big urban space!



Our flight back home is Brisbane-Bangkok-Dubai-Durban. Some of it is in the front of the cabin, but not all of it...so we decided to stay closer to the airport to enjoy a last lazzy morning. Our last night staying in an hotel right by the beach.



Australia treated us pretty well. I've seen a lot of it by now, but there is still two things on the wish list...go to Darwin to enter that cage in the close enclosure with the sea salt crocodiles...and we have to do our way one of these days to Tasmania....will happen...some time...and once this is done, I wouldn't mind to go back to Perth and the Margareth River to play golf and drink some more wine.



Hope you enjoy these few last blogs...next one coming soon...it's not about a holidays...but it is about some gorgeous beaches...and surprises...


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.026s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb