And it Rained and it rained and it rained...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Sunshine Coast » Mooloolaba
January 4th 2008
Published: January 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well this is the chance for you lot back in the UK to have a little laugh at our expense because for the past week the Queensland coast has been on the receiving end of the far reaches of a mini typhoon.It has been wet and windy nearly every day. So much so that at one point we cancelled all activities in order to build an ark! Anyway it really hasn't stopped us enjoying ourselves (what's a few spots of rain between sisters!). We have still hit the beach and as you can imagine the surf has really been up- the kids have enjoyed the boogy boards and once you are in the sea you are wet anyway (Yes I a putting a brave face on it!)

On Sunday for Fiendish's Birthday we went north to Noosa and we all did cycling in the forest and kayaking close to the sea. It was good fun but hard work especially on the kayak when we were being pulled out to sea by the strong winds.

We had a New Year's Eve party at our house (it was raining) - our plans for a barby at the beach and then to watch the fireworks were scuppered by the weather - the fireworks were cancelled. The evening went well - we missed the BAR"N" but the weather made us feel at home.

On New Years Day we braved the foamy beach. As a result of the huge surf large amounts of foam were arriving on one of the beaches - it was really weird because it looked like water but actually (according to Fatty and Fabulous who braved it) it was like being hit by a feather. There was general concern from all Mum's present because it looked dangerous.

On Wednesday we went to Australia Zoo - made famous by the late Steve Irwin. Zoos are not normally our thing but it was a good day out. (It rained of course). The croc show was run by both his wife Teri and fellow croc wrestler Wes and was impressive. The kids loved patting the koalas (although they kept moving up the tree out of reach) and feeding the kangaroos - Beth actually saw a wild kangaroo on our way back from the foamy beach.

We went out for a good italian meal with the 'B' team before heading off to New Zealand for a couple of weeks. We have had a great time in Oz so far (despite the weather) and are looing forward to our return visit at the end fo the month.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0578s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb