Australian Adventure


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Rollingstone
May 29th 2015
Published: May 29th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Hi travel followers.

Now for something you really dread. The next update of where we have been, what we have been doing and where we are now.

From Bowen we travelled to Ayr for another great week at Rhonda (Lyn's sister) and Sam's place where I did a bit of work replacing and lacquering their front and back timber doors. I also did a bit of work at Lyn's dads place freeing up and adjusting stuck doors, replacing light globes and installing a hand held shower. etc.

It was absolutely great to spend some time with Rhonda, Sam and their family as well as an excellent dinner with Lyn's dad and Rose as well as other family and friends from Ayr.

From Ayr it was the short trip up the highway to Serene Valley (just south of Townsville) to spend another week with Ken (Lyn's brother) and Kim and their wonderful family who all dropped in from time to time to say hello. We also went for a wonderful dinner with many family and friends at Southbank for Rhonda's 50th birthday.

While in Townsville we visited and caught up with a lot of family and friends we haven't seen for some time including Debbie and Tony, Pauline and Greg, Gloria and Neil and many others. We also did a great Sunday morning hike up the Goat Track of Castle hill which had Lyn huffing and puffing, but made it to the top and back OK.

We also visited Alligator Creek National Park for another great walk up to Cockatoo Falls and the following day Ken took us out for a great day's Mud Crabbing and Fishing at Morrissey's Creek. See Photo's.

From Townsville we have now moved on to Rollingstone where we intend to spend a few days before heading ever further north following the sun.

Hope you enjoy the photo's. Especially the ones of our State of Origin feast of Pizza and Qld Mud Crab.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



3rd August 2015

What a feast
The mud crabs look great. it looks as though you are having a fab time.
3rd August 2015

What a feast
The mud crabs look great. it looks as though you are having a fab time.

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 11; qc: 32; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb