Relaxing At Rollingstone


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Rollingstone
August 15th 2009
Published: August 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


After we left the caravan park at Charters Towers, we drove into town to have another look around. I like it there, the old Queenslander houses with their wide bull-nosed verandahs and the solid Victorian buildings from the time Charters Towers was a very wealthy town in the gold rush days. Now, I think it's a cattle town - I certainly saw a lot of big hats and boots around town!

We drove on to Townsville - such a pretty city and getting bigger every time we see it, in fact, it’s probably the biggest city we’ve been to since Perth. After a drive up and down a few streets, we parked along the Strand, the road alongside the waterfront. There are big beautiful fig trees growing in the centre of the street, their many roots reaching from branches down to the ground, lots of palm trees and tropical plants on the grassy area as well as play areas for children, barbeques and swimming pools, and it all overlooks Magnetic Island. After lunch we had a short walk along the beach, nice to have sand between the toes once more. As we’ll be staying in Townsville next week till our flight, we decided we’d spend the weekend in beautiful Rollingstone, about 50k’s further north.

We love the caravan park here, our view is the palm edged waterfront, with several small islands not that far away, and the beautiful pool, with many palms and tropical plants in the grounds, is opposite our site - this is a great place to chill out. There a pineapple plantation next door and we always buy a daily pineapple when we're here - the sweetest we've ever tasted. The prawn man came around the park earlier this morning, so another indulgence for me... prawns, pineapples, palm trees, pool ... perfect! Paradise found. We may forgo a couple of days in Townsville and spend it here instead.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Pool, RollingstonePool, Rollingstone
Pool, Rollingstone

taken early morning so a few shadows still


Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb