Rainbow Beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Rainbow Beach
August 23rd 2005
Published: December 24th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Got the 9:35am bus to Rainbow Beach... Lucy was in a mood because I told her to hurry up! Shame on me... Said goodbye to Gerry and may meet up with her down the track. After 3 hours on the bus we arrived at Rainbow Beach where i haven't seen either a beach or a rainbow. We met 2 really nice Scottish sisters on a sea-kayaking trip which unfortunately got cancelled because the sea was too rough (so it was a v. short trip). Organised our Fraser Island trip (we decided not to do the self-drive as we'd probably get stuck with a bunch of dickheads and also it means we can get it done quicker and move up the coast). Painted a boomerang this afternoon which was cool, and also bumped into Phyllis from the Great Ocean Road trip, which was quite funny as neither of us could remember where on earth we knew each other from.

Went for dinner with Luce at the Rainbow Beach Surf Club, which sounds like something out of "Home and Away" and true to form, the barman looked exactly like Craig McLachlan (yes i know he was in "Neighbours") so i felt like i was in an Aussie soap. We anti-socially avoided the "naughty or nice" themed BBQ at the hostel, as i am absolutely sick of BBQ. Plus that would have involved making an effort, getting tarted up and pretending i have any interest in talking to a load of drunken blokes wearing football shirts. Chatted to the people in our dorm instead who are a laugh, even though 2 of them have the WORST possible Essex accents, like evah!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb