Good times at Port Douglas


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Port Douglas
September 13th 2009
Published: September 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


We have been staying at Port Douglas, almost in town at Four Mile Beach. Yesterday we had lunch on the wharf, overlooking the very smart boats moored there and had a good look around the area, especially up to the lookout.

Today, as every Sunday, the markets were held down on the waterfront. They are quite big and full of lots of goodies - tropical fruits, beautiful plants .. how I wish I could have bought some of the cheap orchids there but would they survive the long trip home? ... clothing, jewellery - all sorts of interesting things. We spent quite a long time there, even though it was hot. It's quite humid and though we've had hot weather for months, the humidity is something new for us. There was an interdenominational service in the little old timber church nearby - Nicholas and Lyndall had been to friends Chris and Kristy's wedding there just last month.

We'd washed all our clothes before we'd left so returned to the caravan park to get them off the line - everything dries very quickly up here - then back into town to do the shops and look at all the nice things to buy. Then it was a cooling dip in the ocean at Four Mile Beach. The water was warm but a breeze comes up each afternoon which made the ocean choppy, refreshing though. We are now back at the caravan park and set up for the night. I had a swim in their pool and now here we are relaxing at gin o'clock. A good day.




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Back of the churchBack of the church
Back of the church

I love the stained glass windows depicting shells and tropical plants


Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb