Paluma National Park


Advertisement
Published: May 2nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Paluma National Park, another stunning Queensland national park. I have never seen such well kept and tidy national parks than i have here in Queensland, great places to stay and visit, they somewhat put our national parks in victoria to shame. The boys finally got to ride on some 4wd tracks and when they met up with myself and Amy their bikes were looking very muddy indeed, apparently Darren fell off once and laid the bike down once, so he is catching up with Bens spills, which currently stands at about 4, one of which was a biggie but he came out of it unharmed which is the main thing. So the boys met up with us at the Big Crystal Creek camp grounds, a national park camp ground at a mere $20 a night, we had the whole place to ourselves!!!! we just had to wait for the church group that had filled the park to leave, while we waited we headed down to the swimming hole, OMG! crystal clear water so so deep but you could see right to the bottom. After our swim we proceeded to go and set up camp, and i must say i"m not getting to bad at reversing the caravan now, with help from Darrens direction of coarse. since being here we visited Little Crystal Creek, another amazing swimming hole with waterfalls and natural slides. We have encountered Kookaburras, turtles, fish, bush turkeys, cane toads, bats in the toilet!!!!



Paluma Range is a national park located betweenIngham and Townsville, in north Queensland, Australia. The park is 1188 km north of Brisbane. The park contains the Jourama Falls, Crystal Creek and Lake Paluma. Most of it lies within the Paluma Important Bird Area (IBA), so identified by BirdLife Internationalbecause it is a southern outlier for many species and contains a significant population of the vulnerableSouthern Cassowary.

On National Parks Day 2010 (Sunday, 28 March 2010), the Queensland State Government announced the addition of 6,510 hectares to the Paluma Range National Park.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb