Palm Cove


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Palm Cove
April 10th 2015
Published: September 28th 2015
Edit Blog Post

For the last few days all together, the parents of Florence hired a beautiful apartment a couple of meters from the sea. Finally a bit of beach again! Around dinner time we arrived in Palm Cove, so we settled ourself quickly in the apartment and went out for some delicious pizza and lasagna.

The next day, we decided to go on a day trip to Daintree National Park with our hired bus and bought an audio CD to get some background information about the rainforest and its animals. This magnificent rainforest tumbles right onto white-sand beaches, but we needed to keep our eyes open for crocodiles! So instead of spotting them on the beach, we went for a boat tour to get a glimp of these crocs, way safer!

The day before Hidde's departure, we went for a sailing trip to the gorgeous Great Barrier Reef to snorkel, as it was one of the dreams of the mother of Florence and of course a must do in Australia. It was one of our most exceptional experiences during our around the world trip! We enjoyed the great sailing weather and snorkeling like crazy people in all directions spotting all kind of fish and corals. Moreover, a very exciting experience, but scary too was to see this reefshark circling around our sailing boat before entering the water and afterwards snorkel with these reefsharks. But guess what, they were way more sacred of us! Another important thing to mention are our great fashion outfits to enter the sea (see the photos), as it was still the season of stingers (dangerous jellyfish), we needed stinger suits.

The next day, we dropped Hidde at the airport, but nothing to be sad about as we planned to see each other again before we would leave Australia! Only three left anymore and five months to come to be again seperated of them, so the last couple of days left, we tried to enjoy each other as much as possible. We enjoyed some appetizers and drinks at sunset, enjoyed the beach, had some great discussions and delicious meals. The last day, we walked a bit through Cairns and afterwards the parents dropped us off in our hostel and we were once again two to discover this world.

We would like to thank the family of Florence to have made it possible to come visite us at the otherside of the world to discover the beauty of Australia together and now share so many beautiful and great memories. Moreover, we would like to thank you for your good care, the amazing experiences and love.


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.201s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0902s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb