Noosa


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Noosa
June 26th 2010
Published: June 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Have been without internet for a while, what with camping on Fraser Island and sailing the Whitsundays, so lots of catching up to be done on the blog front!

The best thing about Noosa has to be the hostel. We had a recommendation from a roommate in Byron Bay- so I gave them a call. It was called Flashpackers and was fantastic! They picked us up from the bus station and the first impression of the place was shock! Everything was so new and stylish - plus free internet!! We dumped our bags in our room (four beds with no bunks and it was en-suite - heaven!) and walked back into town. The hostel was a 15 minute walk, but they did a free shuttle every hour. The town was fairly small - on a par with Byron - but had a much nicer feel to it. The beach was another 10 minute walk, but so worth it. Its in a very sheltered bay so the water is so calm and inviting. Best beach so far!

Our first night the hostel did a free BBQ so we had a nice dinner and got speaking to the hostel owner Warrick. Lovely guy, makes a real effort to learn everyone's name and chat to you about your travels. He gives out free champagne every night as well! Me and Lynsey would love to return on the way back to Sydney and Warrick said to give him a call and he would find us work - whether for him or people he knows. We spent the next day at the beach, soaking up the sun - my tan is coming along nicely!

Me and Stephen did a 3.5/4 hour coastal walk through the National Park. There are wild koalas there, but didn't manage to see any. Beautiful coastal views though. We stayed for 4 nights here and it was just so nice to stay somewhere comfy with a 'home' feeling.

There was only one bad experience in Noosa - a German guy who shared our dorm room. He was 41 called Wolfgang and really should have had his own room. He was so rude and started by telling us the 'rules' of the room etc. Luckily we didn't see much of him.

So after Noosa we headed to Hervey Bay, where we would catch a ferry to Fraser Island and do a self-drive 4x4 safari!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Flashpackers HostelFlashpackers Hostel
Flashpackers Hostel

The gorgeous kitchen!


28th June 2010

Noosa sounded lovely
Hi, just to say, Noosa sounds a really lovely place. The beach looks beautiful, and your tan looks as if it is coming along nicely! Glad the hostel was comfy and would be good if you could travel back there and get some work when needed. Wolfgang sounded a nightmare, but then he is German!!! I know not very PC of me, but what do you expect when they beat us at the footie!

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb