Noosa Heads


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Noosa Heads
October 12th 2015
Published: October 13th 2015
Edit Blog Post

The drive from Bundaberg to Noosa Heads was easy and uneventful, except for a period where we were driving through smoke so thick it was almost like fog. Somewhere there must have been a bush fire but we saw nothing other than smoke.



As the area becomes more built up the road regularly has multiple lanes and the amount of traffic has increased. Often we drive through speed limited areas so pulling a caravan is less of an issue.



After setting up in the caravan park we went for a grocery shop and then decided to drive out to the actual Noosa Heads. The roads are now tight urban streets with lots of roundabouts. We were glad we had left the caravan behind. The road along a major river was lined with holiday apartments, bars and restaurants. The traffic got heavier and heavier until we eventually arrived in the main street of Noosa Heads. On a week day it was crowded and car parks were difficult to find, this is obviously a major tourist area. There were backpackers, honeymooners, families, grey nomads, locals and even bush turkeys, all mixed together.



The beach is accessed via lanes between apartment complexes and shops. The beach is stunningly beautiful and well developed. Naturally there were lifesavers on duty. Children played on the sand, people sun-baked or swam in the sea, or just walked along the promenade. As we returned to the street at 4pm it had changed – people had vanished and many shops were shutting their doors. We decided that it would all wake up again for the evening dining and drinking activities.

Noosa Heads is more intimate than the high-rise of Surfers Paradise, but it is definitely high end and very desirable for those who can afford to stay on the beach front.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0292s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb