Making our way to Fraser and Whitsundays...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Noosa Heads
March 11th 2006
Published: March 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Kayla and I are currently in Noosa Heads.
We had a small bus ride from Brisbane which wasnt too bad at all. We bought a bus pass for 200 dollars traveling with Greyhound Australia. Its really neat becuase we can make as many stops as we want inbetween Brisbane and Cairns. We had chosen to stop at Noosa , Rainbow Beach , Hervey Bay ( for Fraser Island) , then take a 12 hour bus ride all the way to Airlie Beach where we will book our sailing trip to the Whitsunday Islands. Kayla and I are most excited for this , all our fellow travelers have pumped us up and spoken about how lovely this trip is. Beautiful Scenery , scuba diving along the Barrier Reef. We are staying at the Koala Hostel in Noosa , its not too bad...we are bunking with an English Guy (Bert) Halarious... already made Kayla and I Laugh the minute we walked in the door. A guy named Dan from Israel which we have already taken a liking too , and two girls from Winnipeg Canada , who wont shut up.... haha they just keep talking and talking and talking. What are you gonna do right? Today is was rainy and humid... grose. We managed to fit in a walk around the Noosa National Park before it started to rain down hard on us , we saw a Koala Bear in the wild , up in a tree really high. Kayla got some good pictures wich we will be able to attach soon. It was SO CUTE!!! I fell in love... it was my first time seeing a Koala , very sweet looking.. but apparently very viscious. We made our way back to the hostel after a long and nice walk . Dan and his Canadian Friend came to the run to get us around 9:00ish and we all got SUbbbbway , dinner deal! Its 9.95 for two 6 inch subs , 2 drinks and a cookie! This is amazing when you have to budget you money every day and you are backpacking . TRUST ME...and subway tastes like heaven when all you are eating is fruit and water. Anyways , tomorrow Kayla and I are off to Rainbow Beach for a night , its supposed to be a small town , but with a beautiful beach witha huge rock escartment overlooking the ocean. WE cant wait. We'll keep you posted. Lots of Love , Hailey and Kayla .
p.s i wsrote this a while ago and forgot to publish it ,.....we are not in noosa anymore...weve moved through noosa , rainbow beach , hervey bay and now we are in airlie. we'll fill u in..

Advertisement



19th March 2006

Oh Oh
Well i just heard about the big Cyclone headed right for you 2. Please be carefull and safe my prayers and thoughts are with you 2 girls everyday. Lots of wind and rain expected so be smart. I think you might even be evacuated by the time you read this.It's all over the CNN channel , so hope you have found a safe place. Please let us know ASAP. Daddy says " It's all part of the experience" and the "adventure" I don't know about that. Hugs and Kisses Love ya tons.

Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0594s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb