Christmas Eve


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Maryborough
December 24th 2012
Published: December 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Prawns are the traditional food for an Australian Christmas lunch. So at 5.30am Rowena, Matt, Dell and I exited the house and head to the fish market to secure tomorrows lunch. The market is only round the corner, but when we arrived there was already a queue out the door and we were number 50 in the queue.

An hour later and 4kg of prawns later we emerged. By this time there were now two queues, one to get a number, and then one for once you have your number to get served, both rather substantial lengths. Feeling a tired but a little smug we had secured our haul, we went back for breakfast of poached eggs and ham. Went all spent several hours chatting and relaxing over breakfast, enjoying the morning. Rowena and I went for a little walk and then came back and joined the others deep in their books.

After a prolonged midday snooze , we all gradually woke up and migrated to the lounge where a Christmas movie was on the television, getting us in the mood for tomorrows festivities. To refresh and wake up we all hit the pool again, with Dell providing us with cocktails she had made.

We had a lovely Christmas eve dinner with fresh cold pork, ham, steamed pumpkin, garlic minty potatoes and greens. Once devoured, we settled in around the television and watched a Vicar of Dibley Christmas special accompanied by some more cocktails.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0268s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb