Magnetic Island


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Magnetic Island
April 5th 2007
Published: April 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Me and my MokeMe and my MokeMe and my Moke

Brrrmm Brrrmm, chug chug!
As we headed north to Cairns we decided to stop at Townsville and catch the ferry over to Magnetic Island. There is not much to comment on about Townsville other than it was incredibly hot and sticky! It was the most uncomfortable we'd been - I am not sure how people live here. Magnetic Island however was lovely - a beautiful tropical island. Our hostel had possibly the best location of all our accommodation being right on the beach, with a warm sea breeze and the view from the bar and pool couldn't have been better. Bliss! We hired a moke which I drove around the Island for a day. It was like driving a cross between a tin can and a tank! It had a slightly dubious habit of slipping out of 2nd gear into neutral if you turned a corner and the mirrors were pretty much unuseable but it was certainly fun! There is hardly any traffic on the whole island so driving about was easy. All the bays were very picturesque but as usual, the sea is full of jelly-nasties so swimming wasn't an option. A nice place to have a relaxing day and night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0234s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb