Longreach Qld


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Longreach
June 8th 2022
Published: July 21st 2022
Edit Blog Post

Longreach is an outback town with a lot to offer. Our caravan park was located near the Stockmans Hall of Fame, and that was our first port of call to visit. We really enjoyed the museum and the Stockmans Show.

A visit to the School of the Air was a must, and it was interesting watching the teachers communicate and teach their long distance students on remote stations. A vital service for the outback children to learn. In essence, an early form of Zoom. In the afternoon we visited the Qantas Museum, Longreach being the birthplace of our great Australian airline. We had a highly informative tour guide take us aboard a 747 Jumbo, a 707, a DC3 and a Super Constellation.

The next night we enjoyed a River Cruise and Dinner, which was complimented by a film about Captain Starlight (a cattle duffer from early times). Our friends from Erina, Colin and Lindsey, joined us on the cruise, as they were staying in the same caravan park. After the film there was a Bush Poetry presentation from an old barefoot stockman turned poet. He was great, making us laugh with his satire and wit.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0213s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb