Up Up and Away!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Lamington NP
February 16th 2010
Published: February 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Spectacular views.Spectacular views.Spectacular views.

A flight over the forest at Binna Burra.
There comes a time eventually when revenge is sweet...well this weekend was one of them! The boys were very fortunate to have been sent some money for Christmas and given to me for the dispensing and decision making of how best to spend the money! Oh what fun I had.... Having been treated to a Free Fall Sky dive for my 50th Birthday when I succumed to a terrifying experience and was made to fall out of a plane at 14,000 feet and complete a tandem sky dive................not for the faint hearted!

What goes around comes around, so five flights were booked for Kevin and the boys to partake in a Tandem Paraglide Experience in the mountain hillsides of Lamington National Park, near to Binna Burra.
The weather could not have been better and the views from the top were stunning, visibility was so good we could see the Gold Coast and the undulating mountain slopes covered in dense forests.
Due to the wind conditions Dominic being the lightest was the first to 'run off the side of the mountain' and soar into the sky! Unfortunately due to the change in wind direction and lack of wind, he slowly floated
Dominic waiting for the wind!Dominic waiting for the wind!Dominic waiting for the wind!

Unfortunately the air and lift was not the best and they both ended up at the bottom of the valley!
down to the bottom of the mountain and had to be retreived by car and bought back up with pilot by car, a mere 50 kms round trip! So when Seb took off, we had our fingers crossed and hoped he too did not end up flying back down the mountain. Infact he had the best flight ever and ended up soaring high above our heads, following the thermals.

Cieran followed and then Tristan, both had the opportunity to take hold of the parachute ropes and manouver the chute both left and right. Landing was a little more difficult and required a planned, precise approach and they literally hit the ground running inorder to slow down the momentum and come to a stop! They did not quite reach the dizzy heights I did in my extreme experience but it still took courage to take that running leap and dangle helplessly as they were whisked up into the sky.

Due to the length of time each flight took, Kevin still has to experience a flight and so we plan a return visit to the park on another day. Revenge can be sweet!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Seb Dangling!Seb Dangling!
Seb Dangling!

As the wind blew the chute filled with air and the chute lifted them up into the air.
Up Up and Away!Up Up and Away!
Up Up and Away!

Seb taking to the air.
Seb high in the clouds!Seb high in the clouds!
Seb high in the clouds!

Seb is the orange chute!
Cieranbee.Cieranbee.
Cieranbee.

Kitted out and ready to go!


Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0258s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb