The Kuranda Rainforest


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Kuranda
October 27th 2006
Published: October 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Our last day on the Island Suntanner tour today. We went to the Kuranda rainforest this morning, getting the cable car over the mountains. I was actually very brave on this cable car and didn't make as much fuss as I did on the one that went over to Sentosa in Singapore. (Maybe jumping out of a plane gave me some new found strength!!) Anyway, when we got to Kuranda we had a look around the market stalls and then went to the Koala Gardens.

We saw crocodiles swimming in a lake and lots of turtles and lizards too. The highlight was of course the Koalas. They were absolutely adorable and smaller than I was expecting. They were busy eating their little leaves and hugging onto the branches- so cute! Me and Kate got our photos done cuddling one. He was called Louis and was only 2 years old. He was pretty sleepy and Kate had to swing him around a bit to get him to wake up for her photo! It obviously scared him a bit cos he then poohed all over her!!! (Which of course I thought was hilarious!!!- poor Kate!)

We also got to go into a Wallaby enclosure and feed them. They were small too and soooo gorgeous. There was a really small one that had a baby in its pouch too but it didn't stay still long enough for us to take a photo- think it was being protective of its little one! We walked cautiously through the reptile garden- the sign saying 'extreme danger- do not lean over railings' kind of put me off looking too closely at the deadly snakes! My close call on Long Island was plenty enough for me!!

We had a picnic all together and then it was time to say our goodbyes and our coach driver Wes took us all to our hostels. Ours is on the Esplanade which is nice and we were lucky enough to get a free upgrade to a twin room so we've missed staying in the big dorm which is great! We're going to get dinner soon and relax tonight. Getting the plane to Alice Springs tomorrow then we start our Rock n' Top tour on Sunday.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Me, Louis and KateMe, Louis and Kate
Me, Louis and Kate

He was so cuddly!
Our last meal together last nightOur last meal together last night
Our last meal together last night

This is only half our group!


27th October 2006

Hi!
Hi Bec, the koala looked so cute to cuddle, quite big though! Sounds like you had such a fun time at the bar on the previous page, wish id have been there! Il write u a proper email soon, tho dont worry about replying, keep enjoying every second! Lots of Love, thinking of u lots. Laura xxx p.s. thanks for the texts, they're really nice to get.
28th October 2006

!
Oh my god! That's all.

Tot: 0.318s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 57; dbt: 0.2432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb