Day 37 Hughenden


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Hughenden
September 21st 2007
Published: September 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Only 112 Km today. Pleasant drive but a dramatic arrival into town with the caravan brakes ceasing on the first corner. After talking to a busy mechanic and getting no joy were greatly helped by a lovely young man called Andrew from the hardware store. He lent us his phone to call RACQ and then left the phone with us for them to call back. He also found a mobile mechanic who came and discovered that the emergency brake cable had wriggled out and this is what caused the problem and allowed it to be instantly remedied. No charge!!! We were greatly relieved to say the least.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Skid marks.Skid marks.
Skid marks.

We made our mark in Hughenden when the brakes ceased.
Fish sculptures.Fish sculptures.
Fish sculptures.

In one of several parks in the town. Made from washers and scrap metal by local artists.
Flinders River.Flinders River.
Flinders River.

The dry bed of the Flinders River which is the longest river in Queensland extending 840 Km. when it has water. The back of the Diggers Entertainment Centre is in the background.
Darby the Dinosaur.Darby the Dinosaur.
Darby the Dinosaur.

Depicts the Muttaburrasaurus, made from junk metal scavenged from local dumps.
MuttMutt
Mutt

Full bodied replica if a Muttaburrasaurus dinosaur.


Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0636s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb