Emerald to Burrum Heads


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Hervey Bay
November 25th 2014
Published: April 4th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hooroo Emerald it was 0615 and we were looking forward to tonight’s stop as it was to be coastal at our good friend Bobs place in Burrum Heads about 640 km down the track. We’d not been to this area before and we were definitely looking forward to getting a break from the hot Australian interior.

Burrum Heads is a small town located at the mouth of the Burrum River and you get to enjoy views of Hervey Bay and the top end of Fraser Island. It is only a tad over a hundred k’s south of Bundaberg. Not much development happening so it has the look and feel of a destination that is relishing its opportunity to live in the past, not rocket in to the future like many other quaint villages have and are still doing. Now is that good or bad? Well of course that depends on a person’s perspective – my slant on it is …… I really enjoyed it. It was quiet and relaxing and I reckon you could do a lot worse than own a little piece of real estate there. Hervey Bay is just a 25 minute drive down the road.

Old cars on displayOld cars on displayOld cars on display

These vehicles were proudly put on display a little East of Emerald, they are on a property located on a service road just off the highway and are well worth a look.


We parked our van up the side of Bobs place and spent the next couple of days there – good times.



The next night we spent at Liz’ sisters place about 20 minutes down the road we hadn’t seen them for a couple of years it was great catching up.



Our next stop was again at friends in the form of Deb and Larry who live a little out of Maryborough which was another short trip of less than an hour. They have a beautiful tranquil setting and heaps of room, we nestled our little home amongst the gum trees where we ate, drank and were merry. Thanks for your hospitality.



Next it was back to the Sunny Coast – family, friends, Christmas and so much more awaited we were excited.



Take care travel safe and remember it’s nice to be important but it’s important to be nice.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



4th April 2015
Sunbathing on the rocks

AHH...to escape development
I hitched from Sydney to Hervey Bay in 1970 then down to Noosa looking for surf. Pitched our tent on Sunshine Beach that only had a caravan park where we used to crawl under the fence to get water then hitch to Noosa for a milkshake. In those days Hervey Bay was a quiet holiday area and Noosa only had a milkbar and a caravan park and a single wave from headland to headland. Now the whole of the Sunshine Coast is kerbed and guttered and Noosa a bustling metropolis. Great you found a quiet spot not far from these iconic places.
4th April 2015
Sunbathing on the rocks

AHH...to escape development
I hitched from Sydney to Hervey Bay in 1970 then down to Noosa looking for surf. Pitched our tent on Sunshine Beach that only had a caravan park where we used to crawl under the fence to get water then hitch to Noosa for a milkshake. In those days Hervey Bay was a quiet holiday area and Noosa only had a milkbar and a caravan park and a single wave from headland to headland. Now the whole of the Sunshine Coast is kerbed and guttered and Noosa a bustling metropolis. Great you found a quiet spot not far from these iconic places.

Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 21; qc: 76; dbt: 0.0936s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb