Hi from Townsville.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Hervey Bay
August 11th 2010
Published: August 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Whales TalesWhales TalesWhales Tales

A humpback underwater
Hi from Townsville!!

Here it’s rainy but hot. Today we went to the Aquarium. I saw a Yoda fish and a giant shovelnose ray. (A Yoda fish is a fish that looks like Yoda but is actually called a remora!) I saw a weird, colourful lobster thing which looked like a weird, colourful, lobster thing which is why I described it that way. No school is cool but some days, (when we don’t have anything to do,) we have homework days when we do homework for most of the day. Yesterday, we spent 3hours playing on a water playground which had a huge bucket that every 20 seconds it tipped over and water went everywhere. A couple of weeks ago, we went on a “Whale watching tour” where we went on a boat and looked for whales! We saw whales, turtles and dolphins. The dolphins tried to race the boat. They won obviously. Sometimes, a whale or two, would come from under the boat and when the people at the front, (us) could see the whales hole body! It was the best experience of my life! The turtles, well two of them floated on the surface and when the boat came near, they swan away quickly. There were a whole lot of other random people on the boat. The people who controlled the boat gave us food. For coffee time, we got scones and profiteroles which are like donuts with cream in the middle and covered in chocolate. Lloyd ate four and he got chocolate all over his hands. For lunch, we had chicken, little bread roll and sea food. I only hand chicken and two bread rolls. Tomorrow, we are going to Magnetic Island and Dads phoned up a company so now we can hire a car to drive around on Magnetic Island.

from Lucy.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

I'm flying.I'm flying.
I'm flying.

This whale was at the front of the boat and followed us for about 1 hour.
Hitch-hiking dolphinsHitch-hiking dolphins
Hitch-hiking dolphins

The dolphins were putting their tails on the boat and using the wake to push them forward. These dolphins played chasey with the whales.
Sunbaking TurtlesSunbaking Turtles
Sunbaking Turtles

A turtle was lying in the water sunbaking and when we came close, it swam away quickly.
Whale watchingWhale watching
Whale watching

This is me and Lloyd and Dad on the front of the boat looking for whales.


Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb