Santa, sunshine, sausages and swimming!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Hervey Bay
December 25th 2008
Published: December 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Christmas day for us began at the not so dignified time of around 7am, the sun was definately already high and hot hot hot!! We got up at our usual leisurely pace and indulged in some lovely cereal.. before exchanging a few xmas greetings with our pals on the campsite.

After slapping on the suncream we headed down to the beach for a quick dip. Naturally aftter the mention of shark-infested water the previosu day saw me entering a little cautiously! But once i saw others in i went for it..it wasn't that deep anyway so i took the chance and have to say it was very refreshing but not the slightest bit christmas-like!!

Headed back for a rinse in the pool and a generally lazy and chilled out day punctuated by beer and wine. We had a less than traditional lunch consisting of sausages, jacket potatos, macaroni cheese and bacon, which we ate alongside what can only be described as the very very drunk 'oddballs' of the campsite who had clearly gotten together to eat their dinner and get inebriated beyond recognition. friendly bunch though and amused us thoroughly.

Peaceful afternoon with a much needed 2nd dip in the pool and the inner calm.. (or drunken slumbers) were only spoilt by a domestic row around 4pm..over who knows what but deffo involving drink..we just stood and watched until it moved out of sight.. all fun and games!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb