Gold Coast time...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Gold Coast
November 13th 2016
Published: November 24th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Next stop, we are few days on the Gold Coast. Tanya has a very close friend celebrating a milestone birthday, so it's party time!



Diving was over by 1pm in South West Rocks, and we were going to sleep that night next in Surfers Paradise...and I don't push it when it comes to driving hundred of kilometers. On the way down, we did not had the time to stop in Byron Bay. So I had to show the gorgeous lighthouse to Tanya. We made it, but we made it just few minutes before they were going to close the gate to access the light house.



We were there just few minutes after sunset...but the sky was still an amazing pink to red colors. The lighthouse was actually pink. I believe it would be great to access such a site at night with proper lighting the buidling...well, we just had few minutes to enjoy the place. Always an amazing time in Byron Bay, even if we are just on the run.



We are staying for 2 nights at the Mercure next to Surfers Paradise. It's cheap and clean, and there is a golf course on the property. Don't ask me to praise the hotel more than this! It's basic! Sadly, by the time I did schedule to play on a great deal...thunderstorms decided to hit...and golf and thunder together is a very bad idea! So no golf on the Gold Coast this time!



The party was truly fun....we also spent some time on the beach...once the sky had turn back to beautiful blue! I have to admit, I'm not a big fan of Surfers Paradise. Yes it looks like South Beach in Miami....well, for the sites minus the great Art Deco that South Beach is offering. Yes there is beautiful sun...but the people watching is actually way less fun in Australia!



Neither Tanya or me are into going out to check if the club would be to our liking or not here....distances makes taxi slightly expensive, and I would rather have a great bottle of wine, than an average outing! So we kept it on the smooth way back at the hotel and at our friend party.



The party was truly nice too...and next day, we were already on our way...to meet another of my friend giving birth to twins in just over a month in Brisbane. Isn't it at the end of the day a very small world? This is my second night in Brisbane, after meeting another moderator, the famous Shane here, few years ago, before he left Brisbane for some serious travel to the East of Brisbane for him.



We made it to our hotel early evening. Our next flight was early morning the next day, with a wake-up call just after 5am. So we had time to drive nicely around the CBD, but that's as far as we went. It was an early in house dinner with a nice bottle of wine and a pizza take-away from the shop next door!



Next stop, amazing New Zealand and few more blogs to come! We keep driving around, and playing with great blue skies, and not so fun rainy showers....it does happen...from time to time!


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 17; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0295s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb