Fraser Island Day 5


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Fraser Island
April 24th 2016
Published: April 24th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Hi all. Today is Sunday, our second day on Friday Island. It started off with some rain in the middle of the night. Went for about an hour or so. By the morning the skies had cleared up. Was going to be a beautiful day. We started the day by driving for 20 mins to a resort complex called Eurong. I could not believe what we found. A bakery, supermarket, residential resort and fuel. Could not help having a coffee and chocolate eclair. My god this is what I called rough camping. We headed back to camp and at about 11.30 we headed off to Lake McKenzie. Well we thought it was just a lake. We were so wrong. We found this beautiful clear freshwater lake surround by white sand beaches with plenty of swimming. We could not get the kids out of the water. Once we finished swimming we had lunch in an enclosed dingo safe picnic area near the lake. The funny thing was that this are was full of goannas. Big and scary. After that we decided to go and have a look at the ruins of the McKenzie jetty found on the western side of th island. We found thousands of soldier crabs on the sand. This kept the kids busy for quite a while. The tide was on its way in so we could not venture too far away from the jetty entrance. After that we headed off to the Kingfisher Bay resort. Plenty of bitumen roads and resort. Found a general store and another car barge. We found normal cars , in other words not four whee drives, and found that the barge dropped the cars directly onto a jetty and normal cars can we transported. Mind you those cars cant move away from this resort as the roads in and out is a serious 4 wheel drive track. Paul also found a submerged tractor at the beach. See the photo.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb