Fraser Island


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Fraser Island
December 10th 2011
Published: December 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So having arrived in Hervey Bay after a whole day travelling down by road from Airlie Beach on the Greyhound, I just checkin to flashpackers hostel which was fine and then checked out first thing in the morning and head over to Fraser Island for my cool dingo experience! Not good news as it was raining, in fact pooring whilst we crossed on the ferry over to the island, however i was lucky to be sat next to a lovely girl from Oxford whom i became friends with almost straight away.

On arrival we all checked into our eco lodge, thank god, no camping for me, or cooking either!!! Much happier to have a bunk bed than do any sort of camping to be honest!!! The 3 day tour was a great laugh and we were lucky to have some good people on the trip. A good mix of british, welsh, german, danish and ozzie! The lakes we visited and bathed at were amazing and the beaches we drove along with our massive 4x4 bus were fab too. The longest beach i ever drove along with just the pacific ocean to look out on to. The expanse of this beach with mind boggling and so were the dunes in the interior of the island that we visited, not to mention the views from the indian heads spot we stopped at.

All in all this was a great tour and we had several rainforest walks which were interesting and fun, learning about the trees and bush and otherstuff that lived there without having to deal with leaches or spiders of any sort. The rain luckily kept away during the day and only came at night when we were nicely covered and well watered at the dingo bar!!! the only bar on the island there for our sole purpose!!

Basically that was the Fraser Island experience. Something i would definitely recommend either 2 or 3 days if you can spare the time. To be in nature was lovely and to have shared those moments with a good crowd was fun too. Definitely will not forget these few days! Next stop was Noosa Heads, another early morning Greyhound bus awaited me the following morning for a few house down to Noosa.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb