Cool Dingo Day 3


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Fraser Island
March 10th 2007
Published: March 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today was our last day on Fraser, and since we really needed to start taking it easy- i mean who can handle all those beautiful lakes and beaches?- we drove to a very secluded lake in the morning, where our group of 12 were the only ones at the Lake, and we pretty much just played in the water and hung out on the beach. Yeah I know rough.... sorry that these blogs are so short, but laying out, swimming and once in a while a bush walk is really all you do when visiting Fraser..... so i continue to work on the tan, try not to get bit my mosquitos and otherwise am just really enjoying this very relaxing lifestyle.

We had lunch today at the other resort on Fraser, swam in the pool to cool off, and after lunch drove to the huge sand-dunes and Lake Wabby. Lake Wabby is a smaller lake, but the deepest on Fraser, and hence has a bit more wildlife in it. We saw a few smaller fish, a sea turtle and a bunch of catfish. Since the lake is a bit further inland, we had to actually hike to it for about 45 min, and let me tell you... after walking through the bush at + 30 degrees, jumping into that lake felt great.... unfortunately we had to hike out again... and no lake then, so the showers at the resort had to to, before we all left Fraser on the 5 o'clock ferry. Once again it was time to say good bye to some fellow travellers. Rob from England and I are the only one's from our group that are heading out on the overnight greyhound bus to Airlie Beach, but I hope to meet up with Rafael from Switzerland once i get back up to Cairns in a few days. It is a small world and the travellers are really either going up the coast or down the coast.

So now it is off to hop on the bus for our 13 hour journey to Airlie Beach.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0776s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb