Day 158 - south to Bundaberg, Gympie and Eumundi


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Eumundi
September 1st 2015
Published: September 6th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We had stopped on the edge of the road that went from 1770 to Bundaberg (an old section of road that had been bypassed or realigned). There was quite a bit of traffic going past at night but no glaring headlights and we slept well.

Georgi wasn't feeling too flash (she'd caught what I had been suffering from for the last week) and we tried to get a medical appointment in Bundaberg without any success. We did stop in Bundaberg and buy a replacement teapot (the previous one made of glass had jumped out of the cupboard and smashed itself to pieces) and have coffee.

It had warmed up by the time we got to Gympie and we had just enough time to grab a quick lunch before the doctors appointment. The parking in Gympie is a shocker and there is not a flat piece of ground anywhere. We got to the clinic (but there was no parking available) so I drove around the block to wait.

There was some confusion as to the location of the chemist so that Georgi walked all the way back in to town (at least it was downhill!) to have her script filled. No-one was happy with Gympie.

From Gympie it wasn't too far to Eumundi where we had planned to park across the road from the market. Alas, we arrived too late and were the first to be turned away. We had to go back to the showgrounds (which was OK but a bit of a nuisance).

We missed the Bundy tour which was disappointing but we were pleased to see that the QC was working OK.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0631s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb