Lake Maraboon


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Emerald
January 3rd 2012
Published: January 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday 3rd Jan 2012

On the way to Emerald we called into the little town of Coppabella to have morning tea and took the photo of the boab trees along the edge of the road as well as the artwork on the lamposts - these artworks are all along the main road.

Booked into Lake Maraboon and what an entrance to a caravan park - we drove over the wall of Fairbairn Dam to get to the park - as it was not busy we were given the choice of where to park so picked a spot which faced the lake - just beautiful - though the temperature has got a little hot (38 degrees) and the sun comes right into the front of the van so have had to put up an extra roof to stop the afternoon sun from coming in.

We sat out the first night to have a few drinks facing the lake and then all the birds turned up to join us. The lorikeets even sat on my knees to eat the bread we had for them - we even hand fed the white cockatoo's. It was just fantastic - then later in the evening a possum turned up for a feed.

We originaly booked in for 2 night but then saw the park was advertising 7 nights for the price of five ($136 with disc) so as we were both still not over our flu's we decided this would be a very good place to recuperate.

I never thought I would be taking sunset shots over the water after leaving WA but at Lake Maraboon we had a wonderful sunset over the water the first night we were here - just beautiful.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb