19 July 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Daintree
July 19th 2012
Published: July 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

A blue sky and sunshine greeted us this morning and we took the opportunity for another walk on the beach before we left the campgrounds.<span><span>We had many sights to see so off we went beginning at Cape Tribulation and the beach there was no less impressive; blue water and white sand surrounded by palms.

From there we worked our way back down towards the ferry and stopped off at more stunning beaches and strolled on boardwalks that took us through different sections of the dense rainforests that engulf the area.<span> This needs to be seen to be believed.<span> The fragile ecosystems could entice you for hours on end.

After working up a sweat we stopped in at the Daintree Icecream Company and the grounds were impeccable, the homemade tropical fruit icecream even better.<span> This particular company grows all of the fruit they use on their own orchard and produce unique flavours that we sampled such as wattleseed (coffee flavour).

Once we crossed back over on the ferry we made our way around to Daintree Village where we found a lovely caravan park to call home for the night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 999.9kb