18 July 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Daintree
July 18th 2012
Published: July 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

First stop today was The Coffee Works to use our free entry passes that we scored this time last week at the same venue.<span><span><span><span><span>Coffee and chocolate overload but as they say too much is never enough.

At midday we headed north-east and stopped at Kuranda which is an alternative little pocket of the world on the way through to Cairns.<span> No time for a major look around but we’ll save this spot for another day.

From there we continued on the incline through some fabulous surroundings before getting onto Captain Cook Highway for the north bound journey to Mossman.<span> This stretch of road is rated as one of the most picturesque in Australia and it was plain as day to see with tropical mountains on the left and we were flanked by the ocean on the right.<span> In fact we were driving so close to the coast that a few steps from the bitumen and you would have had your feet on the sand.

Only a fuel stop in Mossman as our final destination for the day was the Daintree National Park and we needed to catch the ferry to get there.<span> The ferry proved a little difficult as when we arrived there were no EFTPOS facilities and being in the middle of nowhere we had to go in search of an ATM.<span> Fortunately a lovely lady at the Crossroads Café let us withdraw some cash after we purchased two very tasty potato salads and they hit the spot seeing as we had skipped lunch.

The fee for the ferry was exorbitant to say the least but it got us into an unique part of the world and even if you only ever had the chance to simply drive through this area it would be worth every penny.<span> We had pre-booked a spot at Noah Beach campground and got there just in time to walk through the forest onto the stunning beach and take in the last few specs of daylight.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0233s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb