Daintree!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Daintree
January 23rd 2008
Published: January 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Our first hot night sans a/c (forgot to turn it on) and we survived. Was nice to have a night similar to summer nights at home. We sat around in the morning figuring about where we should go, then decided on going up to the Daintree rainforest and spend the night at one of the many eco resorts up there. We got on the road and took about 2 hours to get up in the area. It was a very nice, hot, amazingly dry, sunny day...so the drive was wicked. We made our first stop at the mossman gorge where people do a lot of swimming, we had arrived in Daintree National Park. We then made a quick stop at Sacha's dads place to arrange a boat ride on the Daintree River, then we headed to the river to find our lodge. We waited for a short ferry ride (and expensive, 20 bucks for 5 minutes, though it was a return ticket). After that, we made a 45 minute drive into the forest, and we soon arrived at our lodge. It was still light out, and extremely humid, so we got on the suits and had a swim before dinner. Then dinner was a fine meal, though interestingly served, and by the time we were done, it was time for bed...this hot weather takes a lot out of you. Once in our room, we discovered a very large spider trying to share with us. A shot of raid, a cup, and a piece of paper...outside it went, and soon our heads were on the pillow. We are hoping for some dry weather tomorrow so we can see the Daintree river by boat.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb