Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Currumbin
July 11th 2011
Published: July 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Alex - Carrera Markets Ride 25 secs
We've spent several days getting to know the area a little bit... scouting out parks and such for Alex. Traveling with a 3 year-old is certainly different... especially when he (read WE) still needs an afternoon nap. We are appreciating Alex's daycare more and more each day!

We ventured a little south on the coast today, checking out the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary. An expansive facility with all sorts of native animals. Alex enjoyed riding the train and watching the giant eels, pelicans, rainbow lorikeets, kangaroos, crocodiles and cassowaries. We purchased a 6 month pass (the same price as one regular admission) and can now go back as often as we please for free. Considering it is less than 30 minutes away, we probably will.

Earlier this week we went to a local market - not a great market, but Alex did have fun on his first amusement park ride. Check out the video. He did not want the ride to end.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

You Lookin' at Me?You Lookin' at Me?
You Lookin' at Me?

Every Emu looks mentally unstable in photos.
Hungry Giant EelHungry Giant Eel
Hungry Giant Eel

These smaller Lock Ness Monsters were lured to the edge of the swamp by the stomping of feet at the shoreline.
First RideFirst Ride
First Ride

Alex had his first amusement park ride at a little market we went to. He didn't want to leave.


Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 28; qc: 144; dbt: 0.0675s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb