Australian Adventure


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cloncurry
August 3rd 2015
Published: August 3rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Hi travel followers.

Another two weeks have past and a lot has happened.

From Cairns we headed back to Innisfail and up the range and inland to Ravenshoe, Innot Hot Springs and then Undara to spend a few days touring out and walking the Lava Tubes and the Kalkani crater etc. Just an excellent spot to spend a few days.

From there it was on to Georgetown and Forsythe for a day, then Croydon for another day to explore the town and then Normanton for a couple of days. All three towns are fairly small, but each have individual histories to explore.

From Normanton it was on to Karumba for a few days and to just chill out and enjoy the "fresh" Barramundi and chips while watching the sun set over the Gulf of Carpentaria etc. Just Beautiful. Whiloe here we did do a Barramundi hatchery and fish feeding tour where Lyn's fingers almost became part of the Barramundi diet. See photos.

From Karumba it was then onto Lawn Hill Gorge National Park via Burk & Wills and Gregory Downs etc. There is an excellent "free camp" on the banks of the Gregory River (see photos) if anyone is passing through. Lawn Hill itself is an exception spot to visit with beautiful cliff walks overlooking the Gorge, then down to the Falls for a relaxing cool dip in the river. Ahhhh! We also enjoyed a beautiful "canoe" paddle through the Gorge up to the falls and then another walk down to the lower Gorge.

All in all it was an excellent stop. A shame to leave as it is a real Oasis in the middle of nowhere.

The only trouble in this part of the country is there is basically nothing in between the few absolutely beautiful spots. Makes you appreciate them even more.

We hope you like the photos.


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.1004s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb