Went to the top of Oz today


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cape York
July 19th 2011
Published: July 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hey guys, we finally made it to the top of Oz today. Was a great experience that every Aussie should do. Highly recommended! The atmosphere there was great, there were heaps of people but everyone was chatting & in great spirits. Nobody minded waiting to get a pic near the famous sign. Funny how many kilometres people travel just to see that little sign saying 'You are standing at the northern most point of the Australian continent' The 15 minute walk over steep rocks to get to the tip didn't even really bother anyone either. We also spent a small fortune at the Croc Tent which is basically just a souvenir shop in a tent. We also went to the World War 2 plane wrecks in the area. We are thinking of going on a chopper flight over the tip & the islands tomorrow but that depends on the weather, today was overcast & windy. The weather is warm though, around 30 during the day & 21 at night. We are off on a cruise & tour to Thursday Island on Thursday. I have tried to download pics with no success but I will keep trying. Anyway until next time, see ya!!!!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0198s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb