Ahhhahahahahahha


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cape Tribulation
September 10th 2006
Published: September 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Indiana Jones??Indiana Jones??Indiana Jones??

Does that mean we have to find the temple of doom??
We took a few days break from Cairns and travelled up to Cape Tribulation, with a quick stop at Port Douglas and Mossman Gorge.

Cape Tribulation is the only place in the world where two world heritage sites meet - the Great Barrier Reef and the Tropical Rainforest. So obvioulsy with such a renowed site we took our time to look around and revel in these two great marvels - NOT!!! John had us swinging from trees on zip wires and we even had to do one of them upside down (I (H) almost managed this feet). I mustn't complain though it was pretty good fun and I even managed to get through it without any injuries - YEAH!!!!

Port Douglas was pretty nice - another nice beach but we had no time to stop. We didn't even get to the Marina to pay our respects to Steve Irwin who died here just 2 days earlier. We have to say after visiting Australia we have seen how much he has done for Wildlife in Oz and he might have seemed a bit over the top but he was a true Aussie bloke!!!

We also managed to stop off
Cape TribulationCape TribulationCape Tribulation

I can't see any croc's...
at Mossman gorge which was really nice. We took a short trek in the jungle and John carried on while I sunned myself by a beautiful, natural pool in the river. Never quite got the bottle to get in the water though - think I've done my fair share of swimming in cold water on this trip!!!

Then it was back to Cairns and another go at Scuba Diving!!! On the way back we stopped off at a scenic lookout and their happened to be some handgliders taking off. So we got a few pics (another chance for me (H) to play with my new camera). We've uploaded a photo showing one taking off and the site they were using. Not that John wants to make anyone jealous, Roger!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Are you sure it's safe?Are you sure it's safe?
Are you sure it's safe?

Oh bugger, what has he talked me into now - Ambulance at the ready??
Tinkerbell v James Bond?Tinkerbell v James Bond?
Tinkerbell v James Bond?

I think they got the hat's the wrong way round?
SweeeeetSweeeeet
Sweeeeet

At least someone enjoyed it!!
Again Again!Again Again!
Again Again!

Someone gave Tinkerbell too much fairy dust for breakfast!!
Mossman GorgeMossman Gorge
Mossman Gorge

Watering Hole at Mossman gorge - and yes it was cold!!
Upside DownUpside Down
Upside Down

Well almost!!!
HandglidingHandgliding
Handgliding

With views like these I(H) was almost tempted!!


Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0734s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb