Cape Tribulation


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cape Tribulation
November 8th 2007
Published: November 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

On Tues morning, we left early for Cape Tribulation. For some reason, I assumed that the word "Tribulation" was a mix between the words "Triumph" and "jubilation" and thought how nice it sounded! Apparently, it's in the vein of "trials and tribulations" however, as Captain Cook didn't like the area when he arrived! (Think he wrecked his boat or something). Anyway...

We stopped off firstly at Mossman Gorge, where we got to walk through the forest, learned about nasty plants that will barb-wire you given the chance, and then we got to jump up and down on a swinging bridge (which was rather fun due to other more sensible people on the bridge who weren't looking too happy about us jumping all over the place and making the bridge sway).

Some of my friends decided to go into the swimming hole, which we were assured was safe and crocodile free, but I wasn't taking any chances, so I simply took lots of photos of Oli and I posing on big rocks!

Next stop was a tropical fruit stall, and then off to the Daintree River where we went on a crocodile sight seeing trip....we saw one big one sunning himself on the riverbank, and a little baby one in the water (who didn't look too scary but just in case, I still sat back way from the edge).

We went for lunch at "Koala's" which was fab, and we got to go down to the beach at Cape Kimberley - AMAZING - gorgeous glittery sand and turqoise-blue sea! No jelly fish yet, though they can call you in 3 minutes - scary! But right now they're all still down in Mission Beach which suits me just fine! So again, I decided to sit on the sand and let the others risk their lives!

We stopped off again on the way for ice-cream - 4 flavours - passionfruit, coconut, black sapote and wattleseed! The last two tasted like mocha and cappucino respectively.

Got to our hostel about 4pm and straight to the bar for drinks - we purchased a "horse" for a dollar (in honour of the Melbourne Cup" and played a "spin the wheel" game, but our horse (Wattleseed) came second to last. Poor old Wattle, he did his best.

Some of the guys took part in the crazy hat contest - stitch up! Jamie got disqualified for mooning and Darren burst a balloon on his hat and was kicked out also!

The rest of the night was a good laugh - playing cards, drinking, chilling, chatting and laughing as well as a bit of time spent on the dance floor!

The next morning was Jungle Surfing! We went from platform to platform on the ziplines, some of them fast, some slower, and the final one upside down!!!

Photos on facebook...



Advertisement



Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1029s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb