Road Trip to Cape Trib!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cape Tribulation
August 18th 2007
Published: August 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well here we go on an adventure... finally... we have been stuck in Cairns for way to long and starting to go stir crazy. Along with Sophie, a fellow Shenannigans cleaner, and Sean and Fiona, a great couple we have had some good times with. On the road at about 4PM, crazy windy roads on the way up but Sean is a kick ass driver so it was so much fun. Beautiful scenery all the way up but we had to weary of cassowaries (massive birds - bigger than humans) crossing the road. Checked into PKs, a hostel in Cape Trib, very tiny little village with a few shops and restaurants and thats it! We were going to do the night walk but missed the opportunity so went for a nice dinner at Dragonfly Cafe. The atmoshpere was awesome, turtles, toads, fish in the ponds but wouldnt recommend the food. If ever there just check the place out and have a drink. From here back to the room and the drinking commenced, met some cool people and had a bonfire on the beach til the wee hours of the morning. Next day up early and off to explore, took a walk for about 2 hours to the Cape Trib beach, through the rainforest which at times was a bit scary - with snakes and all that could be out there... From here we hit a crocodile boat tour on Cooper Creek, beautiful scenery with all the mangroves but only seen one croc underneath the water... And that was the end of the trip so home it was, on the way stopping at Mossman gorge. Quite the sight. Sad to come home to the same old thing of myself working and Dan looking for work but happy to see the family again!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb