Chilling on the beaches


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cape Tribulation
May 22nd 2007
Published: May 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

By 8am we were on our way, Our first stop was at Mossman Gorge, were we had a short walk to the river for photos, I attempted to get some Peter Lik inspired ones but he obviously has a better camera than i do. But even so the scenery is that nice i still managed to get some good ones and a couple of arty ones too.


We then had breakfast at one of the picnic tables there before heading to Daintree National Park, Cape Tribulation.


After crossing the Daintree River our first destination was Kimberly beach, which was deserted, there wasn't a soul there, so we made the beach our own for a short while relaxing in the sun before heading to Alexander Range Lookout for yet more photos.


We had lunch at Thortons beach, unfortunately there was no chocolate for us. We then did some more sunbathing before heading further north to Myall beach. It was beautiful at it reminded me of being in Asia, very green vegetation and nice beaches, probably like Malaysia or Cambodia, no where compares to Thailand! We did yet again some more sunbathing here too.


On the way home we stopped of at Port Douglas, as we didn't get to see much of it the day before. We walked around the harbour and had a look in some of the shops.

We then headed back to Cairns, where we hung around until it was time to catch the night bus down to Townsville, where we were to catch the ferry to Magnetic Island. There were a couple of drunks but fortunately once we were all on the bus they fell asleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.243s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 21; qc: 105; dbt: 0.1699s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb