Land ahoy


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » open water
August 17th 2018
Published: August 26th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Sea Day and disembarkation- Our last 2 days
End of holidays and our body clocks are well and truly in holiday mode, 8-30am wake up this morning, leisurely 2km around deck 6 (5 laps) and a 9-45 breakfast. A day spent being entertained by the crew at various things such as trivia, shuttle board, tell and say, murder mystery, drinking coffee and final dining at Dragon Lady and last chance Karaoke.The seas got smoother the closer we got to Cairns and the final night in bed was without the usual rocking effect that we had grown used to.We woke to the sound of no motors and the thrusters working which meant we were in Cairns turning around and entering our berth. We chose the Waterfront to dine this morning, less crowded, and had a lovely meal with a single cruiseling who is a book editor and choir enthusiast. Disembarkation was as smooth as embarkation. Alcohol was got from the marquee where we also sat waiting until our group was called. No crowding, no rushing, no piles of suit cases blocking the way. We walked down the gangway, joined a snaking but moving line, smelt and saw evidence of dropped bottles of grog( the bottom of the cardboard boxes gave way easily), cleared customs, grabbed our luggage and proceeded to wait half an hour for a taxi. There are over 100 taxis in Cairns but 1500 people leaving a boat is a big ask on the infrastructure of a small city. And back to reality of the normal world.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.252s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1252s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb