Day 148 - Kuranda to Cairns


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns
August 22nd 2015
Published: August 29th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Kuranda MarketKuranda MarketKuranda Market

Lenny and bananas at Petit Cafe
The next day in Kuranda was Saturday - a big market day! We got up early to beat the rush and checked out of the Caravan Park and drove back to Kuranda township. It didn't seem to be so busy as we parked the bus and took a shortcut through the back alleys to the market stalls.

We walked through the market and because we had beaten the first train up from Cairns (and SkyRail too) it was very quiet! That's OK, we will head to Petit Cafe for coffee and a sweet crepe for second breakfast!

There are lots of nice stuff at Kuranda (and plenty of junk too) but we found something really nice for Georgi.

We decided that late morning would be a good time to drive down to Cairns and (hopefully) avoid some of the traffic. We even managed to stop at the lookout and get a few photos.

We dropped in to the Botanic Gardens but a large section is being renovated and access was restricted. Shame, because it looked stunning. Mostly exotic plants.

When we arrived at our caravan park and attempted to back on to our site there was
Kuranda MarketKuranda MarketKuranda Market

Second breakfast to share - yum!
a large noise! A curlew was sitting on eggs and its mate was standing guard. We moved a bit further up the driveway so as not to disturb the birds. If you have ever heard these birds at night, you won't forget it. A cross between a wailing shriek and a scream.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Kuranda MarketKuranda Market
Kuranda Market

a new shoulder bag for Georgi - her favourite blue!


Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0298s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb