The Wet Tropics


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns
April 25th 2006
Published: April 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Our last dayOur last dayOur last day

Michael and Lesley at Tjabukai Aboriginal Cultural Centre

Cairns and Queensland



This is the final blog of our six months in the antipodes. We came to Cairns three weeks ago and found it wet. I am told this is the wettest April on record. Well we can confirm that it is seriously wet. We have even missed the worst of it.

However, it is also seriously warm and sometimes hot. We have enjoyed this warmth however. We made it under the water to the Barrier Reef diving to see the wealth of natural history there is there. As the coral is just below the surface it was good to snorkle as well.

We have tried to get to the Whitsundays but were rained off. We could not see them.

We went north to Mossman for a restful week in a nudist resort. Got our picture in the paper again at a nudist wedding of all things. Not quite the arrangements for those at Anne and Graham's. But a sunny day with little rain.

And we spent some very nice days in Townsville with Kevin (from Sheffield of the 70s) and Maria (from Canada of the 90s).

We had an adventure rafting down the Tully river on grade 4 and 5 rapids. Lesley hurt her back though. Michael was squashed by young woman who landed on his head.

But now it is back to blighty and we look forward to showing you the photos and regaling you with the details of our adventures. If it is soon we can show you the tans we have managed to maintain through the recent rain.

We look forward to seeing you.

All the best,

Michael and Lesley


Advertisement



25th April 2006

Lovely photo. We've enjoyed reading all your Travel Blogs xx

Tot: 0.304s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1643s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb