Cairns and Great Barrier Reef


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns
January 6th 2006
Published: January 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

After our Whitsundays trip, we didn't think anything could compare to it. So we headed up the coast to our final destination on the east coast which was Cairns. Cairns is basically the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, so we were all so excited to see this famous landmark. We were there for two days and had two different tours booked. the first one was for Cape Tribulation, which is a rainforest (that meets the reef). We drove up there and went on some beautiful hikes around the cape, it was really cool. Our last day was a boat trip to the Reef. It turned out to be awesome. We got to spend the whole day relaxing and snorkeling. Look at the pic of me and MN. Yep, we had to wear those goofy things everytime we entered the water because of stingers. They are deadly jellyfish (two people were killed the day before we went), so we looked goofy, but all in good fun haha. The snorkeling was absolutely amazing. I've never seen anything like it. The coral was so gigantic and so vibrant with color. We also saw so many colorful fish, even one that was gigantic that liked to be petted like a dog when we fed him, it was the craziest thing I'd ever seen!
When the trip was over we were saying goodbye to Lyndsey's sister and also to the east coast, which was really really sad! I fell in love with the east coast, all the towns were so cute and amazing, absolutely loved it. We were also sad knowing we were going to the Outback at the hottest time of the year........
Oh yea, a couple of the pics were from earlier in the trip, like the one of us on the jeep at Fraser Island and of me & MN on New Year's at the awesome water park that had one slide haha!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb