Cairns


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns
December 14th 2008
Published: December 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Arrived back to Cairns after the luxury of Bloomfields. Weather very hot and humid about 35 degrees and doesnt get much cooler at night.

We decided to book a boat trip on The Tulsa T5 to The Great Barrier Reef so Bill could dive and Sue snorkel- set off on the boat at 8.30am and after safety briefings arrived at Milln Reef which was the first stop to dive and snorkel. We saw Turtles and Barracuda while snorkelling and lots of other colourful fish. Bill thought the diving was ok but nothing special, quite a lot of dead coral, Turtles, Flowery Cod, Napoleon Wrasse and lots of smaller reef fish. There was nice blue and white coral and small coral type creatures, not sure their names. Bill also saw a 1m White Tipped Reef Shark. Bill did 2 dives at this site then we were to eat lunch before heading to the 2nd sight called Thetford Reefs where we snorkelled and dived and saw alot of colourful fish again.

A very enjoyable day and good to say we have been on The Great Barrier Reef.

Last day in Cairns Sunday 14th we took another boat excursion over to Green Island-a small island about 50mins from Cairns Harbour. Another very hot day but a nice breeze on the beach when we arrived. The sea was quite rough and the tide was in so not much snorkelling here. A very relaxing day on sun loungers, not such a great free buffet lunch.

Back to our hostel for a last dip in pool before packing and heading off to Brisbane tomorrow.





Advertisement



Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0157s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1003kb