Bundaberg


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Bundaberg
July 24th 2008
Published: December 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

bundi


The rain has started yesterday, and it does not seem like stopping! The 2 night's stay in the fruit-picker's hostel were pretty shabby. No blankets were provided, although it was already getting cold outside during the night, and the chance to get a good sleep during the night in the 4-bed dorm was pretty little, as some mates came home pretty late and drunk, and one mate had to get to work at 4:30am . But you get used to it pretty soon ;-) ... Thank god I only planned for 3 days in this small town. The first day I joined a guided tour through Bundaberg's famous rum distillery. The worst ever merchandised tour I have seen so far. At the free Bundy tasting at the end of the tour, Katja and Martin from Switzerland agreed to never-ever join such a tour for money. At the end, we nearly got kicked out of the distillery, because Martin and Katja started smoking on the veranda of the tour meeting point. In the evening by chance we met again in the huge and luxurious cinema of Bundaberg, and agreed to have some pints in a nearby bar. This was a really funny evening! The supposed singer of the evening did not arrive, and very spontaneously a foam wrestling party in a small rubber pond inside the bar was organized. We met some very open-minded locals there, too. Martin and Katja went back to their camping-car, and we agreed to stay in contact via facebook. The next day I just strolled around the city, visited the botanical gardens (which were pretty much soaked due to the loads of rain), visited a sugar cane museum, and in the evening joined a free and public exhibition: topic: eyes. The next day, which was finally sunny, the train brought me back to Brisbane.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0566s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb