Tripping off to UK, Iceland and Norway


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
August 26th 2014
Published: August 27th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Bardarbunga volcanoBardarbunga volcanoBardarbunga volcano

As you can see the volcano looks pretty quiet now! It's buried under a few tons of ice.
Hi everyone

Off we go again. 2014 has been a big year and promises to get even bigger. We’re going to the UK to visit Floss and Bess again!! Can’t wait for our annual shopping pilgrimage! I’m told red shoes are still on the agenda!

Before we get to see them, we are going on a 12 day cruise from Southampton to Iceland and Norway. Lots of volcanos, geysers and other geothermal features (things that bubble up, smell and produce ash) to be seen. We hope it’s not too cold. It will probably be around ten degrees during the day. Being from Brisbane we think that’s cold….!

We leave on Thursday at the very reasonable time of 10:15am. I really hope the plane isn’t delayed like on our last trip. Spending 5 hours in the departure lounge at Brisbane airport was anything but fun!!

We’re going BA so I am quietly confident the plane won’t crash. The cruise is by Royal Caribbean and I’m also confident that the ship won’t sink. Let’s hope that pesky Bárðarbunga volcano settles down and air traffic over Europe isn’t affected.

Will be in touch when we reach the other side
Adventure of the SeasAdventure of the SeasAdventure of the Seas

This is our home for almost 2 weeks. If you look really closely at level 6 in the middle you'll be able to see our cabin! ;-)
of the world!



Love Sandy and PJ

Advertisement



Tot: 0.255s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0841s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb