Back in Australia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
November 5th 2013
Published: November 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone

We are back again now. Teleporting would be so much easier than flying!

We spent our last day in the UK with the Willows. I tried to keep it together but it was extremely hard to say goodbye especially to Floss and Bessie. We have had such a wonderful time together. I rather liked being Nanny. It was very special. I’m definitely coming back soon for another go.

Last Friday Peter ran a whisky tasting for Fly2Help, the charity of which Floss is the CEO. They had been planning it for months and it was very successful and made a tidy sum for the charity. Bessie and I stayed home and watched CBeebies, a BBC kid’s show. We watched an entire episode about poo. Amazing what you see on kids’ TV.

On Saturday we went to Dursley in Gloucester for the bonfire night celebration. The objective was to raise money for Fly2Help and enjoy the bonfire and fireworks. It was raining and blowing a gale as we set up the tent. The idea was to sell hot spiced apple juice to raise money. As the rain was pelting down and freezing, we drank more than we sold.

Bess and I did a lot of walking around looking at the rides and dancing. She’s quite good at Gangnam style!! My little granddaughter was full of energy and nanny was certainly dragging herself around the field.

In typically British style, the bonfire was massive. Despite standing in the freezing rain, we were all mesmerized by the spectacle of the fire and the accompanying fireworks.. This was the first time Bess had seen fireworks and she coped very well. She was delighted to see them and not scared at all.

It’s been a fantastic holiday. It seems like months and months since we left Brisbane. We have done so many things: visited 6 countries no less and had wonderful times with our family and friends. I am a dab hand at cooking eggy bread and I know that mini magnums are the best pudding ever if you are 2 ½ years old. I also know several more verses of the “Wheels on the Bus”. And I now know Twinkle Twinkle Chocolate Bar! It really has been delightful to spend so much time with the Willows. They are very special.

Doing the cruise in the middle of the trip was good. It was good to leave the cold behind and sail off into the Mediterranean sun. Mind I don’t think it would be so much fun in the Spanish summer. It gets very HOT. Spain is a great place though and is definitely worth a visit, particularly Barcelona.

I would like to thank everyone who made this trip so wonderful. Thank you to my darling Willows for having us to stay. I’m sure you will enjoy a bit of peace and quiet this afternoon. Thank you to Julie for looking after Cleo and renovating the house while we were away. Really looking forward to seeing the progress. Thanks also to Cass for tidying and cleaning our cupboards. Helen and Gavin and Roy and Gwyneth, thanks you for your gracious hospitality and Ledbury and in Wales. We were thoroughly spoiled.



Ah well, its bread and water for us when we get home. I need to be able to fit into my warm pants for the trip to Japan in December/January.

All the best to evereyone

pj and Sandy

Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0314s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb