Last day in Brisbane, then Home Sweet Home!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
October 5th 2010
Published: October 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Queensland MuseumQueensland MuseumQueensland Museum

Big Brown Bear!
Hi all,
Well we're home now safe and sound and seem to have adjusted to the different time zone after a few nights of broken sleep! We're both enjoying looking back on on the blog and on what a brilliant time we had in Oz, so thought we would wrap it all up with one final entry.
On our penultimate day we avoided the thunderstorms and went for a look around the Queensland Museum, which was actually really interesting and great value considering it was free to get in.
We couldn't help but cram as much as we could into the last day of our great adventure, in actual fact leaving only half an hour to get ready to go to the airport and say our goodbyes. We went first of all for a tour of the Suncorp Stadium near the centre of Brisbane, which is where Brisbane's football and rugby teams play, as well as Robbie Williams and Sting! It was an impressive stadium although the players areas were nowhere near as fancy as the MCG.
Afterwards we went down the road for a look around the Castlemaine XXXX Brewery and for some free beer, and on the whole the
Queensland MuseumQueensland MuseumQueensland Museum

Some research whilst we were there
beer was pretty good! We felt we had to take in our last bit of Aussie/Queensland culture, and on the way have our last 50c ice cream from Maccy D's!
Then it was time to come home. We really have had the time of our lives in Australia, and can't thank enough our families who have looked after us whilst we have been away. We've had a great adventure, and seen so much and met so many great people. It's a shame that it's all over, and we'll never forget what a great time we both had, but still good to be home!
Thanks for reading!
The Bears xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Queensland MuseumQueensland Museum
Queensland Museum

Meeting a sea turtle
Queensland MuseumQueensland Museum
Queensland Museum

Getting eaten by a croc
Suncorp StadiumSuncorp Stadium
Suncorp Stadium

Players Lounge
Suncorp StadiumSuncorp Stadium
Suncorp Stadium

Signed Aussie Shirt


Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.048s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb