First Week in Brisbane


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
February 17th 2010
Published: February 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Real and Unreal



Its been a week minus 5 hours that i have been in Brisbane Australia.
Pretty incredible, not just as a new experience but also in discovering the familiar sensations that echo that of my home, Philadelphia. Its such a strange adjustment in part because the adjustment is not as easy as one thinks. In a different country, one could almost find it easier to copy his/her unfamiliar ways of life ad toss the routines that led them when they were home. But here, everything is so similar in a way a lot of me doesnt want to change my ways. Yet they carry some distinct differences.

The light here is amazing, i'm up every morning between 5-6 am to find this strange golden glow that is the sunrise out of direct light. Where there is sunlight its almost completely uninterrupted, little color, little rising saturation. I notice this must be an obvious reminder of the lack of ozone in this region. Its just so sudden. I also thought this might be because i left Philadelphia and the rest of the Mid-Atlantic Region to deal with winter and some serious snowfall.

Testing paragraphs..



Advertisement



Tot: 0.205s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1726s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb